The upside-down apple cake is a perfect dessert for the autumn season. It tastes even better when served with vanilla ice cream for the warm, sweet treat. Additionally, the more apples you add to it, the greater the flavor gets.
- Four apples, cut into one-eighth-inch slices
- Four tablespoons of caramel or dulce de leche
- Two eggs
- Two teaspoons of cinnamon
- One cup of granulated sugar
- One and one-third cups of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Vanilla ice cream (extra)
- Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the butter and sugar to the stand mixer bowl. Beat the mixture using the paddle attachment to the point it becomes creamy and soft.
- Mix the eggs then beat them until it has twice the volume and light coloration. Put the vanilla into the mixture and beat for one more minute.
- Sift the baking powder, cinnamon, flour, and salt into the bowl. Beat until everything blends sufficiently. Pour the milk, then beat for one more minute.
- Prepare a nine-inch cake pan to put the caramel or dulce de leche into.
- Place the apple cuts nicely on top according to your preference.
- Add the cake batter atop the apples.
- Oven-bake between 35 and 40 minutes or until the cake becomes thoroughly cooked.
- Allow the newly baked upside-down cake to cool down on the wire rack for roughly 15 minutes. Invert the baked dish onto a serving plate or cake stand.
- To further enjoy the upside-down apple cake, accompany the warm treat with vanilla ice cream.